Harissa chicken with green couscous
- September 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook, plus marinating and resting
A richly spiced Moroccan-inspired harissa chicken recipe served with a helping of lovely green couscous.
Perfect for a different dinner, in a dash!
- 16.1g (3g saturated)
- 42.2g (6.3g sugars)
- 4 free-range chicken breasts, skin on
- 2 tbsp rose harissa paste (we used Belazu)
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 300g couscous
- 500ml chicken stock, hot
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Large handful each of fresh coriander and parsley and small handful of mint, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put the chicken in a bowl with the harissa, honey, oil and lemon zest. Season and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle or ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chicken, skin-side down, for 3-4 minutes until golden. Turn over, then cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes until cooked and sticky. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a large bowl and pour over the hot stock. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes to allow it to absorb the stock, then fluff up with a fork. Stir in the extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
- Just before serving, stir in the chopped herbs and season well. Slice the sticky chicken and serve, along with any pan juices and the green couscous.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Moroccan chicken and potato salad
This chicken and potato salad is an easy Moroccan-inspired dish that’s great for picnics and...
Chicken and preserved lemon tagine
This is one of the best known and loved tagines. Accompany with houmous, flatbread and...