Chicken and vegetable traybake
- May 2018
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 35 min
Easy to throw together and super-nutritious, this recipe is a healthy-supper winner.
Or go meat-free with Elly Pear’s aubergine, tomato and chickpea traybake.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 6g (1.2g saturated)
- 16g (14g sugars)
- 100g celeriac, cut into 1cm chunks
- 1 red onion, chopped into wedges
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless free-range chicken thighs (about 90g each), cut in half
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 8 tenderstem broccoli stalks, halved lengthways if thick
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint and flatleaf parsley to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Toss the carrot, celeriac and onion with ½ tsp oil in a roasting tin and season well. In a bowl, toss the chicken with another ½ tsp oil and the lemon zest, then arrange on top of the vegetables along with the red pepper slices. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Add the broccoli to the roasting tin, toss everything together and roast for another 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding lemon juice to taste. Scatter over the freshly chopped herbs and drizzle over the remaining 1 tsp oil to serve.
Save the second portion for day 2 of the 5:2 diet, or eat the next day as a lunchbox filler in a wrap or with a jacket potato.
Rate & review