Chorizo, beetroot and couscous salad
- May 2013
- Serves 4
- 10 min to make, 35 min to cook
Combine chorizo, beetroot and couscous to make a quick, healthy dinner. Then, the next day, you can eat the leftovers for lunch.
- 18.8g (6.3g saturated)
- 28.1g (3.9g sugars)
- 2-3 beetroot
- 200g chorizo, skin removed, sliced
- 200g giant couscous
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 handfuls of watercress
- Parmesan shavings to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Wrap the beetroot in foil, then put in a roasting tin and roast for 20-30 minutes until tender. Open the foil and set aside until cool enough to handle. Wearing rubber gloves, peel the beetroot and cut into wedges.
- Heat a pan over a medium-high heat, then fry the chorizo until starting to crisp.
- Cook the couscous in the stock according to the pack instructions, then tip into a large serving bowl and fluff up with a fork. Drizzle over the oil and vinegar, then stir to coat. Add the beetroot and chorizo, season, then gently mix. Gently toss through the watercress, then scatter over the parmesan shavings.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Broad bean recipes
New potato, artichoke, broad bean and chorizo salad
A filling salad recipe with the rich flavour of chorizo and a mustardy kick in...