Cinnamon and ginger semifreddo
- September 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 minutes to make, plus softening and refreezing
This quick and easy semifreddo recipe uses ready-made ice cream mixed with stem ginger, biscuits and cinnamon.
- 20.5g (12.1g saturated)
- 35g (30.1g sugars)
- 1 litre good-quality vanilla ice cream
- 4 pieces of stem ginger, plus 4 tbsp of the syrup
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g ginger biscuits, roughly crushed
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and soften at room temperature for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, roughly chop the stem ginger. Pulse the ice cream briefly in a food processor to soften it further.
- Stir through the ginger, 2 tbsp of the syrup and the cinnamon, then fold in half the crushed biscuits. Freeze until ready to serve.
- Scoop the semifreddo into bowls and serve with the remaining crushed ginger biscuits and a drizzle of ginger syrup.
Rate & review