Cinnamon apple brioche
- March 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
Cinnamon apple brioche is a breakfast recipe that’s certainly worth getting out of bed for!
- 2 Braeburn apples, cut into about 24 very thin slices
- 4 slices brioche, cut from a loaf
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Place the apple slices on a large baking sheet (you might need to use 2) and grill for 3-4 minutes each side, until tender. Keep an eye on them as they burn easily. Set aside.
- Grill the brioche until lightly toasted on both sides.
- Spread 1 tablespoon crème fraîche on each brioche slice, then divide the apple between them. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the apple. Serve warm with extra crème fraîche that has been sprinkled with a little more ground cinnamon.
Rate & review