Pan-charred cinnamon brioche
- March 2004
- Serves 6
- Takes 15-20 minutes
A wonderful spin on regular toast, this pan-charred brioche with berries recipe is great for a special breakfast such as on Mother’s Day.
Or, how about this healthy spin on French toast, topped with berries?
- 50g butter, at room temperature
- 1 brioche loaf, cut into six thick slices
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Sliced fresh fruit and honey, to serve
- Heat a ridged griddle pan on the hob until hot. Spread the butter thinly on both sides of each brioche slice.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and tip into a tea strainer. Lightly dust each slice on both sides with the spiced sugar and cook in the pan for just 30 seconds or so each side, until golden and bar-marked.Set up a production line of buttering, dusting and charring so the brioche can be eaten hot from the pan.
- Slip each slice on a plate then scatter over some fresh fruit followed by a drizzle of honey. Serve hot.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Panettone french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts
Use up leftover panettone to make this french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts...