Pan-charred cinnamon brioche
- March 2004
- 50g butter, at room temperature
- 1 brioche loaf, cut into six thick slices
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Sliced fresh fruit and honey, to serve
- Heat a ridged griddle pan on the hob until hot. Spread the butter thinly on both sides of each brioche slice.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and tip into a tea strainer. Lightly dust each slice on both sides with the spiced sugar and cook in the pan for just 30 seconds or so each side, until golden and bar-marked.Set up a production line of buttering, dusting and charring so the brioche can be eaten hot from the pan.
- Slip each slice on a plate then scatter over some fresh fruit followed by a drizzle of honey. Serve hot.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Panettone french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts
Use up leftover panettone to make this french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...