Clementine, avocado and ham hock salad
- January 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
You only need 20 minutes to make this hearty salad. The combination of ham hock, avocado and fresh clementine makes a quick, filling dinner.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 49.8g (7.4g saturated)
- 12.6g (11.6g sugars)
- 5 clementines, peeled and sliced horizontally
- 2 ripe avocados, flesh sliced
- 125g pomegranate seeds
- 180g shredded ham hock (from supermarkets) or 180g sliced British ham
- 80g pine nuts, toasted for
- 2-3 minutes in a dry frying pan until golden
- 140g rocket
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- Zest and juice 4 clementines
- 25g bunch fresh parsley, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 100ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. To make the dressing, put the fennel seeds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat and toast for a few minutes until fragrant, then gently crush in a pestle and mortar. Return the crushed seeds to the pan with the clementine zest and juice, then simmer for a few minutes until slightly reduced and fragrant. Turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Stir in the parsley, then slowly whisk in the oil. Taste and season, then pour the dressing over the salad and serve straightaway.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Herby potato and ham hock tortilla
Make clever use of time-saving ingredients with this speedy herby potato and ham tortilla.