Crab, mango, basil and coriander noodles
- August 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 minutes
This low-fat recipe, made with crab, mango and rice noodles, is packed with flavour and requires little effort.
- 9.6g (1.6g saturated)
- 48g (8.3g sugars)
- 200g ribbon rice noodles (we like Thai Taste)
- 1 large, very ripe mango
- Large bunch fresh Thai basil (or regular basil)
- Large bunch fresh coriander
- 100g fresh white crabmeat (see our how-to video below)
- 4 tbsp salted peanuts
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- Juice 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- Bring a kettle of water to the boil. Put the noodles in a large bowl and cover with plenty of freshly boiled water. Leave for 20 minutes, stirring now and then. Drain, then rinse under warm water to remove the starch. Drain and set aside in the bowl.
- For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Slice the ‘cheeks’ off the mango, score the flesh into slim wedges, then scoop them out, discarding the skins.
- Chop the herbs, setting aside a few whole leaves. Toss the chopped herbs through the noodles with the mango, crabmeat and dressing, then divide among plates. Chop the peanuts, then scatter over the noodles with the reserved herbs. Serve with lime wedges and sliced chilli, if you like.
Next time use 200g cooked, sustainably sourced king prawns instead of crabmeat.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Thai-style crab rice noodles
Crab rice noodles is a balanced Asian recipe that’s low in fat and on the...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...