Creamed chickpea and hazelnut soup
- February 2012
- Serves 3
- Ready in 30 minutes
Chickpeas work wonderfully in soup and provide body and a creamy texture – this nutty combination of hazelnuts and chickpeas is no exception.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 39.2g (14.7g saturated)
- 19.6g (5.3g sugars)
- Knob of butter
- 100g streaky bacon
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 50g chopped hazlenuts, plus extra to serve
- 700ml good-quality chicken or vegetable stock
- 100ml crème fraîche
- Olive oil to serve
- Melt the butter in a pan, then brown the chopped streaky bacon for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped onions and soften for 10 minutes, then add the garlic clove, sage leaves, chickpeas and chopped toasted hazelnuts.
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock, then simmer for 15 minutes. Add 100ml crème fraîche and whizz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Season, divide among bowls and top with swirls of olive oil and extra hazelnuts.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Peter Gordon’s pumpkin, ginger, chickpea and cheese soup
This chunky pumpkin soup recipe by Peter Gordon could almost be a meal in itself –...
Recipes using chickpeas
Chickpea and tomato soup with chorizo and green chilli
You can find most of the ingredients for this winter soup recipe in the storecupboard...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...