Creamed spinach purée
- December 2014
- Serves 6-8 as a side
- Hands-on time 25 min
Michel Roux Jr’s creamed spinach recipe is a simple side dish recipe made with double cream, garlic and nutmeg. (Seen on left hand side of the image)
- Vegetarian recipes
- 7g (3.9g saturated)
- 2.1g (2g sugars)
- 1kg spinach leaves, washed
- 90ml double cream
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- Blanch the spinach, in batches, by putting it in a large colander set over the sink. Slowly pour over a kettle of boiling water. When the spinach has cooled slightly, use both hands to squeeze out the moisture.
- Transfer to a chopping board and chop finely. Bring the cream to the boil, add the garlic, then bubble until reduced by half. Add the spinach and reheat in the cream. Season with salt and a generous grating of nutmeg to taste.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spinach and summer herb roulade
This recipe comes from the National Trust kitchen garden at Cliveden in Buckinghamshire. The cooks...