Crispy breadcrumbed lemon sole
- March 2009
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 200ml crème fraîche
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 150g soft white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp plain flour, seasoned
- 4 lemon sole, filleted and skinned
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- Mix together the mustard, crème fraîche and tarragon in a large bowl and season. Place the breadcrumbs and the flour in 2 more large bowls.
- Dust the fish fillets in the flour, shaking off the excess. Spread the mustard crème fraîche over both sides of each fillet, then firmly press in the breadcrumbs. Lay on baking paper-lined plate and chill until needed.
- Set 2 non-stick frying pans over a medium heat. Liberally cover the bottom of each pan with the oil. Once sizzling hot, add the crumbed fish and cook for about 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges and chips.
Follow the Marine Conservation Society’s advice and buy lemon sole only between September and March.
Rate & review