Crispy breadcrumbed lemon sole
- March 2009
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 200ml crème fraîche
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 150g soft white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp plain flour, seasoned
- 4 lemon sole, filleted and skinned
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- Mix together the mustard, crème fraîche and tarragon in a large bowl and season. Place the breadcrumbs and the flour in 2 more large bowls.
- Dust the fish fillets in the flour, shaking off the excess. Spread the mustard crème fraîche over both sides of each fillet, then firmly press in the breadcrumbs. Lay on baking paper-lined plate and chill until needed.
- Set 2 non-stick frying pans over a medium heat. Liberally cover the bottom of each pan with the oil. Once sizzling hot, add the crumbed fish and cook for about 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges and chips.
Follow the Marine Conservation Society’s advice and buy lemon sole only between September and March.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dinner inspiration in 20 minutes
Grilled Dover sole with lime, coconut and avocado relish
This is an ideal light and fresh supper party dish,...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter