Crusted beef carpaccio with Parmesan
- January 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 10 minutes to cook, plus chilling
All you need to make this classy beef carpaccio recipe is a decent cut of fillet and a few other delicious, quality ingredients- parmesan, rocket, olive oil and dukka spice mix.
- 300g beef fillet (middle cut)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Egyptian dukka spice mix (available from some supermarkets and seasonedpioneers.co.uk), plus extra for serving
- 60g Parmesan shavings
- 50g rocket
- Lemon oil to drizzle
- Drizzle the beef with 1 tbsp olive oil and season well. Heat a frying pan until smoking hot, add the beef and sear on all sides for 2-3 minutes until the edges are golden brown but the middle is still very pink. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 1 minute. Rub with a little more olive oil and roll in the dukka spice mix, pressing to ensure it is well covered. Wrap tightly in cling film to make a neat cylindrical shape (like a Christmas cracker), then wrap again in foil. Put in the freezer for 30 minutes to set the shape and make it easier to slice thinly.
- When ready to serve, unwrap the beef, then, using a very sharp knife, finely slice into thin rounds. If the slices are a little too thick, place them on a chopping board and flatten using the back of a knife. Place 3-4 slices onto each of 4 plates, then scatter with the Parmesan shavings and rocket leaves and drizzle with the lemon oil. Season, sprinkle over a little extra dukka, then serve.
Rate & review