Dip and salad sharing platter
- April 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 8-10 min
This quick and easy sharing platter combines Middle Eastern flavours of harissa and sumac in one fun, impressive and healthy dish.
- 19.1g (7.9g saturated)
- 23.7g (5.2g sugars)
- 300g tenderstem broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sumac
- 2 pitta breads
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp rose harissa
- 1 tbsp each chopped fresh mint and parsley
- 180g pack of full-fat cream cheese
- 200g sliced radishes
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sumac, chopped fresh mint and parsley
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Toss the broccoli on a baking tray with the olive oil and sumac. Split both pitta breads in half, then cut into triangles. Spread over a second baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with another 1 tsp sumac.
- Put the broccoli in the top of the oven and the pittas below, then roast for 8-10 minutes, turning everything halfway through, until the broccoli is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir the rose harissa and chopped fresh mint and parsley into a the cream cheese to get a rippled effect. Spoon the dip onto a serving board/platter and arrange the pitta chips, roasted broccoli and sliced radishes on top. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with more sumac, chopped fresh mint and parsley.
Replace the rose harissa with Belazu Verbena Harissa or Belazu Zhoug Spice Paste (from the world food aisle of large supermarkets).
Keep the dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. The pitta chips will keep for 2 days in an airtight container.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter