Egg-fried rice and veg stir-fry
- May 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min
This egg-fried rice recipe is a quick and easy midweek meal for two. Stir-fry strips of lean pork or steak for a meaty version, or add a chopped pack of marinated tofu for a more filling meal.
Or, feed four people on a budget and try our chicken and egg fried rice recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 25g (5.5g saturated)
- 37.6g (7.2g sugars)
- 400g pack mixed vegetable stir-fry
- 250g pack ready-to-heat brown or white rice
- 4 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- Juice 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
From the storecupboard
- Olive oil for frying
- Heat a large frying pan or wok with a glug of olive oil. Add the mixed vegetables and cook for 1 minute, then add the rice. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes more, then move the rice and vegetables to one side of the pan.
- Pour in the eggs and leave to set, then very softly scramble. Once the eggs are partly cooked but still runny, use a spatula to combine with the vegetables and rice, along with the soy sauce.
- Serve straightaway with an extra dash of soy sauce and lime wedges to squeeze over.
Buy a vegetable stir-fry pack that includes fresh ginger, chilli and coriander for added flavour.
Rate & review