Forest fruit, almond and cobbler crumble
- March 2010
- Serves 6-8
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 35-40 minutes to cook
This fruity pudding recipe is topped with a nutty cobbler crumble. Serve with lashings of good quality custard for comfort pudding heaven!
- 14.3g (5.8g saturated)
- 40.2g (23.9g sugars)
For 8 servings
- 500g frozen forest fruits
- 1 Bramley apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- ½ tbsp cornflour
For the cobbler crumble
- 150g self-raising flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 85g golden caster sugar
- 80g chilled butter, cubed
- 150ml buttermilk
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/ gas 6. To prepare the filling, mix the frozen fruits, apple chunks, caster sugar, orange zest and cornflour together in a large bowl then spoon into a 1.8-litre ovenproof dish.
- For the cobbler crumble, put the flour, ground almonds and 70g of the sugar in a food processor, add the butter and pulse until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the buttermilk and pulse again to form a soft dough.
- Place large spoonfuls of the cobbler crumble mixture haphazardly over the filling, then sprinkle with the flaked almonds and remaining sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until bubbling and golden brown. Serve with a jug of pouring cream.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Rhubarb and custard crumbles
Our individual rhubarb and custard crumbles are quick and easy to make and you can...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...