Fresh Italian parsley salad
- September 2005
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 15 mins, plus cooling
This is a delicious salad recipe made up of flatleaf parsley and couscous.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 5.3g (0.7g saturated)
- 5.2g (0.3g sugars)
- Trace salt
- 50g couscous
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 25g black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 50g fresh flatleaf parsley leaves
- Put the couscous and tomatoes in a large heatproof bowl and pour over 50ml boiling water. Leave to cool.
- Stir in the oil, lemon zest and juice, olives and some seasoning. Toss through the parsley to serve.
To prepare ahead, make the couscous and tomato dressing early on in the day but don’t mix in the fresh parsley. Put into a bowl with the parsley leaves on top, then cover and chill. Bring back to room temperature, then simply toss the parsley through to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Rosemary-roasted butternut, courgette, amaranth and barley couscous salad
Ghillie James combines squash, courgette, crumbled soft cheese and mixed grains to make a filling...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...