Golden roasties with bacon, spring onions, lemon and parsley
- May 2017
- Serves 6-8
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 30-40 min
Why have regular roasties when you could have these ultimate crispy roast potatoes with bacon, spring onions, lemon and parsley? They’re crying out to be served with a succulent roast chicken.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 13.4g (2.3g saturated)
- 47.5g (2.9g sugars)
- 2kg maris piper potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 6 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 200g bacon lardons
- Bunch spring onions
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Put the potatoes in a large pan, cover with cold water and add a large pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender when tested with a knife.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Drain the potatoes in a large colander, put back into the pan and set aside to steam dry. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large roasting tin in the oven until smoking hot (at least 5 minutes). Carefully tip in the dried potatoes and turn to coat in the oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes until crisp, turning once or twice.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon lardons until crisp, then set aside. Fry the spring onions in the same pan for 2-3 minutes to soften and brown a little. Serve the potatoes topped with the bacon, lemon zest, chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice.
For crisp roasties, soggy spuds won’t work. To ensure they’re dry after boiling, simply leave the hot, drained potatoes to steam dry in the colander or pan for a good 5-10 minutes.
Rate & review