Griddled cheesy cornbreads
- July 2015
- Makes 6
- Hands-on time 5 min, barbecue time 5-6 min
Use these cheesy flatbreads for dipping into houmous, as a side to salads and soups, or wrapping around beef koftas.
- 7g (3.9g saturated)
- 32.7g (3.4g sugars)
- 150g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 100g polenta or cornmeal
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 250g natural yogurt
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- Put the flour, polenta or cornmeal and sea salt in a mixing bowl, add the yogurt and cheese, then mix with a fork. Bring it all together with your hands into a soft, not wet, dough (add a splash of water if it’s too dry).
- Tip out onto a lightly floured work surface, knead for 2-3 minutes until smooth, then divide into 6 pieces and roll each into a 10cm circle. Cook the cornbreads on a medium-hot barbecue for 2-3 minutes on each side until puffed and charred.
- Serve with these homemade beef koftas.
Make the dough up to 2 hours in advance. Put it in a lightly oiled bowl and keep covered somewhere cool.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fresh tomato soup with basil oil
This fresh tomato soup recipe is a quick and easy lunch or starter, and is...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...