Griddled cheesy cornbreads
- July 2015
- Makes 6
- Hands-on time 5 min, barbecue time 5-6 min
Use these cheesy flatbreads for dipping into houmous, as a side to salads and soups, or wrapping around beef koftas.
- 7g (3.9g saturated)
- 32.7g (3.4g sugars)
- 150g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 100g polenta or cornmeal
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 250g natural yogurt
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- Put the flour, polenta or cornmeal and sea salt in a mixing bowl, add the yogurt and cheese, then mix with a fork. Bring it all together with your hands into a soft, not wet, dough (add a splash of water if it’s too dry).
- Tip out onto a lightly floured work surface, knead for 2-3 minutes until smooth, then divide into 6 pieces and roll each into a 10cm circle. Cook the cornbreads on a medium-hot barbecue for 2-3 minutes on each side until puffed and charred.
- Serve with these homemade beef koftas.
Make the dough up to 2 hours in advance. Put it in a lightly oiled bowl and keep covered somewhere cool.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fresh tomato soup with basil oil
This fresh tomato soup recipe is a quick and easy lunch or starter, and is...