- July 2015
- Makes 6 skewers
- Hands-on time 15 min, barbecue time 10 min, plus chilling
Make homemade koftas – using beef mince, coriander, parsley, red onion and spices – for an inexpensive barbecue dish.
Not the weather for a bbq? Try these beef koftas with a herb couscous, cooked in a frying pan.
- 16.5g (6.5g saturated)
- 2.2g (1.3g sugars)
- 500g British beef mince
- Small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- Small bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, grated
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 large free-range eggs
You’ll also need
- 6 metal skewers
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and season well. Shape into around 24 small, flattened ovals, then chill in a single layer on a baking tray in the fridge for 1 hour (see make ahead).
- Thread the koftas onto metal skewers and cook on a hot barbecue for 4-5 minutes onto metal skewers and cook on a hot barbecue for 4-5 minutes on each side cooked through.
Make the mixture up to 4 hours ahead, without adding the fresh herbs or seasoning. Keep covered in the fridge then, just before you cook the koftas, add the herbs and seasoning, and shape. There’s no need to chill them again.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spicy beef koftas with onion salad
Chef Bill Granger loves to serve these beef koftas with onion salad wrapped in naan...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...