Roasted tomato soup
- February 2004
- Serves 4
- Ready in 1 hour
There’s more than just tomatoes in this roasted tomato soup – it’s the wonderful mix of peppers, red onions and rosemary that makes it so good.
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 12.4g (1.9g saturated)
- 20g (17.8g sugars)
- 1kg ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 250g red onions, cut into thick wedges
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 red peppers, quartered and deseeded
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 dashes of Tabasco
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Few sprigs fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Put the tomatoes, onions, garlic, rosemary and peppers into a large roasting tin. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 45 minutes until tender and beginning to char.
- Put the roasted vegetables in 2 batches in a food processor and blend briefly, so the mixture is still quite chunky.
- Tip into a large pan, then add the stock, wine vinegar, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and heat gently. Divide among 4 bowls and finish with some freshly ground black pepper and a few parsley sprigs. Serve with slices of French bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fresh tomato soup with basil oil
This fresh tomato soup recipe is a quick and easy lunch or starter, and is...