Grilled trout with fennel remoulade
- July 2010
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
This quick and easy trout recipe can be cooked on the barbecue or under the grill.
- 23.4g (8.9g saturated)
- 10.9g (10.2g sugar)
- 2 fennel bulbs, halved and finely sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and grated
- 120g crème fraîche
- Handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Grated zest of 2 lemons, juice of 1, plus wedges to serve
- 4 trout fillets, pin-boned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the grill or barbecue. To prepare the remoulade, mix together the fennel, apple, crème fraîche, coriander, and zest and juice of 1 lemon in a bowl. Season to taste.
- Make 3 scores in the skin-side of each trout fillet and brush both sides with the oil. Sprinkle the zest of the other lemon over the skin and season.
- Place the fillets under the grill or on the barbecue, skin-side to the heat. Grill/barbecue for 3-4 minutes until cooked through and serve with the remoulade and lemon wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Whisky-cured sea trout on cream cheese and pumpernickel with apple salad
A wonderful do-ahead recipe. The curing flavours also work well with salmon if you prefer.