Haddock cheese melts
- December 2006
- Olive oil, for greasing and drizzling
- 2 x 150g thick haddock fillets, skinned
- 1 ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 60g Emmental, grated
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and lightly brush with olive oil. Lay the fish on the paper and season. Arrange tomato slices on top of the fish pieces, slightly overlapping, and lightly drizzle again with oil. Grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the Emmental, mustard and chives. Remove the fish from the oven and pile the cheese mixture on top of the tomatoes. Return to the grill and cook for a further 6-7 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and the fish is just cooked through.
- Season and serve with oven potato wedges and a crisp green salad.
Rate & review