Halloumi and pea falafel flatbreads with houmous and slaw
- February 2019
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 6-8 min
Try our easy DIY falafel recipe made with halloumi, peas and leeks. Then use to fill flatbreads along with dollops of houmous, coleslaw and freshly squeezed lemon wedges.
Serve everything together, or in separate dishes as part of a colourful mezze platter.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 29g (4.6g saturated)
- 61.5g (5.9g sugars)
- Olive oil
- 1 chopped small leek
- 100g frozen peas
- 250g halloumi
- 150g pack of Al Fez falafel mix
- 6 flatbreads
- 1 pot of houmous
- Red cabbage salad or coleslaw, chopped fresh flatleaf parsley and lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped leek and cook for 6-8 minutes until soft. Stir in the frozen peas and cook for a few minutes.
- Chop 125g halloumi into 1cm cubes and grate another 125g halloumi. Put in a bowl, then stir in a the pack of Al Fez falafel mix, the pea and leek mixture and 150ml cold water. Leave to stand for 3-4 minutes, then shape into 18 golf ball-size falafels.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, then cook the falafels for 3-5 minutes, turning regularly, until golden all over. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Warm 6 flatbreads in the oven, spread each with 2 tbsp houmous, then add a spoonful of red cabbage salad or coleslaw, 3 of the falafels and some chopped fresh flatleaf parsley. Serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...