Ham with a peach and coucous salad
- August 2005
- 75g couscous
- Knob of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 ripe peaches
- ½ cucumber
- 4 sliced spring onions
- Handful of chopped fresh mint
- 2-3 slices of cooked ham
- Put the couscous into a bowl and add fresh ginger. Pour over 75ml boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stone and cut peaches into thin wedges and put into a bowl. Cut cucumber in half lengthways and scoop out and discard the seeds. Cut into dice and mix with the peaches. Add spring onions and chopped fresh mint.
- Loosen up the couscous and stir in the peach mixture just before serving. Check the seasoning.
- Divide the couscous salad between 2 plates, then add 2-3 slices of cooked ham to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Rosemary-roasted butternut, courgette, amaranth and barley couscous salad
Ghillie James combines squash, courgette, crumbled soft cheese and mixed grains to make a filling...