Hoisin duck on cucumber
- December 2017
- Makes 40
- Hands-on time 10 min
A lovely light canapé that takes just ten minutes to prepare and requires a few simple ingredients – tasty finger food in a flash.
- 1.6g (0.3g saturated)
- 0.5g (0.3g sugars)
- 2 Gressingham Foods Duck Confit legs (from Waitrose and Ocado)
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Juice of 1 ½ limes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 finely shredded spring onion
- ½ finely sliced chilli (optional)
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Shred the meat from the two duck legs into a bowl and mix with 3tbsp hoisin sauce and the juice from one lime.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with a splash of oil and stir-fry the duck. Set aside. Slice the cucumber into 40 rounds and top each with a spoonful of the duck. Mix 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce with the juice of ½ lime and drizzle over the duck.
- Add the finely shredded spring onion (first put it in cold water so it curls up) and, if you like, finely sliced chilli. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Truffle honey-roasted fig and pancetta crostini with gorgonzola
A canapé recipe of crunchy crostini’s topped with figs roasted in truffle honey, pancetta and...