Honey parfait with mulled red wine plums
- December 2010
- Makes 4
- Takes 30 min to make, 20 min to cook, plus freezing
These delicately flavoured frozen parfait desserts manage to be classy, romantic and delicious.
- 45.9g (26.6g saturated)
- 78.5g (74.8g sugars)
- 90g heather honey
- 4 medium free-range egg yolks
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tsp Drambuie liqueur
- Vegetable oil for greasing
For the plums
- 4 plums, halved and stones removed
- Pared zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 100g demerara sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 200ml red wine
- 50ml port
- Heat the honey in a small pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yolks until pale and thick (this will take about 10 minutes). Slowly add the honey to the yolks and whisk until the ingredients have combined.
- Whisk the cream in a clean bowl until it forms firm peaks. Fold the Drambuie into the cream. Finally, fold the honey and yolk mixture into the whipped cream.
- Pour into 4 x 200ml lightly greased dariole moulds and put in the freezer to set.
- For the plums, preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Put the plum halves in a small ovenproof dish, cut-side down. Add the rest of the ingredients, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the plums are tender.
- Remove 2 of the frozen parfaits from the freezer. Briefly dip the moulds in hot water, then turn out and serve with the warm plums and spoonfuls of their syrup.
Please note: contains raw egg.
Rate & review