Honey rice pudding with pear jam
- November 2006
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 10 mins, plus 2¼ hours baking time
This rice pudding recipe has been given a modern twist with the addition of a pear and Rioja jam.
- 23.1g (14.4g saturated)
- 87.7g (66g sugar)
- 100g pudding rice
- 6 tbsp runny honey
- 1.3 litres milk
- 200ml Rioja or other full-bodied red
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, halved and split lengthways, seeds scraped
- 2 firm pears (we used Forelle Blush)
- 5 tbsp double cream
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/fan130°/gas 2. Place the rice, honey and milk in a large pan and bring to the boil. Pour into a large ovenproof dish. Bake for 2¼ hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, pour the wine into a pan, add the sugar and vanilla pod and seeds, and slowly bring to the boil, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Peel, core and chop the pears and add to the syrup. Simmer for 35 minutes or until thick and syrupy.
- Stir the cream into the rice. Spoon into dessert glasses and top with the pear jam. Decorate with the vanilla pod from the syrup, if you like.
The pear and Rioja jam will keep in the fridge for up to a week in a clean airtight container.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Granny Brett’s warm vanilla rice pudding with golden syrup
Roy Brett’s creamy vanilla rice pudding is inspired by the version his Granny used to...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...