Lamb rogan josh
- April 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 min to make, 20 min to cook, plus defrosting
This is a hot and spicy curry that cooks down to a lovely, thick sauce. As it is quite a dry curry, this is delicious served with natural yogurt or cucumber raita, mango chutney and pickles.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 28.4g (9.3 saturated)
- 7.2g (3.2 sugar)
- 1 portion basic curry sauce mix
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 8 lamb leg steaks, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Defrost the curry sauce overnight in the fridge. Heat the groundnut oil in a large saucepan and fry the cubed lamb, in batches, until browned all over. Return all of the lamb to the pan and stir in the cayenne pepper, paprika and garam masala, tossing well to coat the cubes of lamb. Pour in the curry sauce and 100ml water and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce is reduced, thickened and coats the meat well.
- Divide the curry between plates along with steamed basmati rice and sprinkle with the chopped coriander. Serve with mango chutney, cucumber raita, pickles and chapatis, if you like.
Lamb leg steaks are perfect for the quick cooking of the curry as they stay lovely and tender.
Rate & review