Quick lamb rogan josh
- August 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 minutes to make and 20-25 minutes to cook
When time is of the essence, this quick lamb rogan josh can be ready in 30 minutes. The perfect midweek curry fix.
For something more spectacular, try our rogan josh-braised chicken; a great alternative to a Sunday roast.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 21g (6.5g saturated)
- 6.6g (5g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 lamb leg steaks, cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp rogan josh curry paste
- 227g can tomatoes
- 100ml chicken stock, hot
- 100ml natural yogurt
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the onion for 5 minutes until starting to colour. Add the lamb and brown all over, then stir in the curry paste and cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Stir in the tomatoes and stock, season well and simmer for 10-15 minutes until you have a thick sauce. Stir in the yogurt and coriander and serve with naan breads or rice.
If you have spare time, leave the curry to simmer on low for 1 hour for extra tenderised lamb chunks.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...