Pasta with wild mushroom sauce
- September 2004
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make
Pasta with dairy-free wild mushroom sauce is a comforting supper made even better with wilted baby leaves.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 38.5g (5.5g saturated)
- 117g (6.4g sugars)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 150g oyster mushrooms, halved if large
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 250ml Alpro soya dairy-free alternative to cream
- 300g dried pappardelle or tagliatelle
- 100g mixture of baby leaves, such as spinach and rocket
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes. Season. Keeping half the mushrooms warm, tip the remainder into a food processor. Heat the soya cream to just boiling point, then pour into the food processor and blend with the mushrooms.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain, reserving 100ml of the cooking liquid. Return the pasta and reserved liquid to the pan, add the mushroom sauce and baby leaves. Stir until the leaves are wilted. Season. Serve topped with the reserved mushrooms. Garnish with a drizzle of oil and freshly ground pepper
Choose pasta that is wide enough to hold the sauce – pappardelle and tagliatelle are both ideal.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegetarian comfort food recipes
Baked gnocchi with cream, mushrooms and blue cheese sauce
This recipe of soft, pillowy gnocchi baked in a creamy blue cheese mushroom sauce is...
Baked pasta with mushrooms, white wine and cream
This vegetarian pasta bake recipe is simple, tasty and ready in less than an hour.