Strawberries, mascarpone butter and almond thins
- August 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
Here’s a three-step put-it-all-together pud. Fresh strawberries are sumptuous enough on their own, but add some creamy mascarpone and the crunch of an almond thin, and well…
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- A little icing sugar
- 1 small tub of mascarpone
- The seeds of a vanilla pod
- Packet of almond thins
- Wash and hull a punnet of strawberries, then cut into quarters. Whizz half the strawberries in a food processor with a little icing sugar, to taste, until you have a purée.
- Transfer to a small serving dish and fold in the remaining strawberries. Take the tub of mascarpone and stir in the seeds of the vanilla pod and a little icing sugar, to taste, until loosened.
- Serve the mascarpone ‘butter’ on almond thins topped with the fresh strawberry jam.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...