Strawberries, mascarpone butter and almond thins
- August 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
Fresh strawberries don’t need much doing to them which is why this easy dessert recipe is ideal.
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- A little icing sugar
- 1 small tub of mascarpone
- The seeds of a vanilla pod
- Packet of almond thins
- Wash and hull a punnet of strawberries, then cut into quarters. Whizz half the strawberries in a food processor with a little icing sugar, to taste, until you have a purée.
- Transfer to a small serving dish and fold in the remaining strawberries. Take the tub of mascarpone and stir in the seeds of the vanilla pod and a little icing sugar, to taste, until loosened.
- Serve the mascarpone ‘butter’ on almond thins topped with the fresh strawberry jam.
Rate & review