Little gems with tarragon and hazelnut dressing
- June 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 5 mins
Little gems with tarragon makes for a lively, summery side dish. Prepare in 5 minutes and serve alongside roasted meats or fish.
For a more indulgent version, try these braised little gems featuring bacon, shallots, and white wine.
- 8.4g (0.8g saturated)
- 2.2g (1.9g sugars)
- 2 tsp dry white wine or tarragon vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp hazelnut oil (see swaps, above left, or use more extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 little gem lettuces, cut into wedges
- In a clean jar or a small bowl, combine the wine/vinegar, mustard, sugar and tarragon with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the oil(s), then seal and shake well or whisk together until the ingredients are combined (emulsified).
- Arrange the lettuce on a platter, then drizzle with the dressing
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Little gems with hazelnuts and red wine vinegar
Griddling lettuce might seem a little odd, but it makes it soft with a crisp,...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...