Mince pie crumble traybake
- November 2020
- Serves 12
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 30 min
This mince pie crumble traybake combines two of the most comforting winter treats: mince pies and crumble! This traybake is perfect for sharing, so a great way to keep in touch or say thank you to a loved one this Christmas. The pistachios on top make a beautiful decoration.
See all our mince pie recipes.
- 17.1g (10.3g saturated)
- 41.7g (18.7g sugars)
- 350g plain flour
- 220g unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 250g mincemeat (see tip or use our recipe)
- 120g pack Whitworths Mix ’n’ Bake Dark Choc Cherry (see Tips for swaps)
- 25g pistachios, toasted in a dry pan, then chopped
- Icing sugar or edible gold glitter to dust (optional)
You’ll also need…
- 20cm square cake tin, fully lined with compostable baking paper
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/ gas 4. In a mixing bowl, rub the flour, butter and a pinch of salt together in your fingers so the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the golden caster sugar to make a crumble, then put just over half the mixture into the base of the tin, smoothing with the back of a spoon. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once the base is set and pale golden, remove from the oven and spread the mincemeat on top of it. Level, then sprinkle over the choc cherry mixture. Scatter handfuls of the remaining crumble mixture on top – a few larger clumps are fine.
- Return the tin to the oven for a further 15 minutes until the crumble topping is golden. Serve scattered with the pistachios and, if you like, edible gold glitter or icing sugar.
Use sliced apple or dried cranberries instead of the choc/cherry mixture. If you’re buying mincemeat to use in this recipe, check it’s vegetarian if you need it to be (most traditional mincemeat contains suet).
The whole or sliced traybake will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...