Miso cod with crunchy mixed seed and nut topping
- October 2010
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 35 min
Let the oven do the work and cook this tasty miso cod – with a crunchy mixed seed and nut topping – for a light and fresh dinner that’s bursting with flavour.
Looking for more cod recipes? Check out this black cod with white miso and pickled ginger recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 16.3g (2.5g saturated)
- 42.1g (17.2g sugars)
- 3 sweet potatoes (about 600g), cut into 3cm chunks
- 3 beetroot, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white miso paste (from Tesco, Waitrose and Ocado)
- 2 x 260g sustainable skinless and boneless cod loins
- 3 tsp runny honey
- 50g mixed seeds
- 50g mixed nuts
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Green beans to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Put the sweet potatoes, beetroot and onions on a large roasting tray and drizzle with the oil. Season, then roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut a piece of foil large enough to generously wrap the cod loins. Spread each cod loin with a teaspoon of the miso paste, then put on top of the foil. Drizzle 1 tsp honey over each, then wrap the fish in the foil to form a parcel, folding the edges to seal so there are no gaps for steam to escape. After the vegetables have been roasting for 20 minutes, toss with a spatula, then add the cod parcel to the tray and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, then add the seeds and nuts. Gently toast for 2-3 minutes, then add the rest of the honey and miso along with the soy sauce. Gently cook and stir the mixed seeds/nuts for a minute until sticky, then leave to cool.
- After 10 minutes unwrap the fish parcel, turn the oven to a medium grill, then cook for a further 3-5 minutes until everything is cooked through and the fish is golden. Serve the fish and veg topped with the sticky toasted seed/nut mix with steamed green beans, if you like.
Rate & review