Mixed berry tart with vanilla mascarpone cream
- September 2007
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 mins to make, 20 mins in the oven, plus cooling
This decadent, free-form mixed berry tart with vanilla mascarpone cream is ever-so-simple to make and a wonderful way to end a meal.
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- ½x 500g pack fresh puff pastry (the rest of the pastry can be frozen)
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 400g strawberries, halved
- 200g raspberries
- 250g blueberries or blackberries
- Mint leaves, to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ fan180C/gas 6. Dust a work surface with some icing sugar and thinly roll out the pastry to about a 25cm x 30cm rectangle – trim to neaten the edges. Place on a large, non-stick baking sheet and prick the pastry all over with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and risen.
- Using a fish slice, carefully flip the pastry over, then press down all over to flatten. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until the pastry is flaky, cooked through and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat the mascarpone with the vanilla extract until smooth. Spread it evenly over the cold, crisp pastry, right up to the edges. Arrange the fruit on top, dredge with icing sugar and decorate with mint leaves, if you like.
Rate & review