Mozzarella and winter green parcels
- January 2009
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 15 mins, 35-30 mins cooking time, plus chilling
These savoury cheesy pastries are made with winter greens, mozzarella and Parma ham. Great to serve as a starter or at lunchtime.
- 55.1g (27.2g saturated)
- 47.8g (2.5g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a knob of butter
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 300g winter greens, such as curly kale, trimmed and chopped
- 500g pack puff pastry
- 2 x 125g balls mozzarella, chopped
- 70g pack Parma ham, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten and mixed with 1 tbsp cold water
- Tomato and red onion salad, optional, to serve
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan and very gently fry the garlic for a couple of minutes. Add the winter greens and cook very gently for 10 minutes, until completely wilted and tender. Place in a colander to drain and cool.
- Roll out a the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 32cm square, then cut into 4 x 16cm squares. Place on a baking sheet and chill until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/ gas 6. Mix the cooled greens with the mozzarella and Parma ham. Season well and pile into the middle of each pastry square. Bring the pastry edges together, squeezing gently to form parcels. Brush with the beaten egg then chill for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and risen, then serve with a tomato and red onion salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...