Mozzarella, mixed pepper and basil couscous
- July 2007
- 150g couscous
- 200g marinated peppers in oil, drained
- 125g ball buffalo mozzarella
- A good handful fresh basil leaves
- The juice of ½ lemon
- Put the couscous in a large bowl, pour over 175ml boiling water, cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Fluff up the grains with a fork. Add the marinated peppers (reserve 2 tablespoons of the oil), the mozzarella roughly chopped into chunks, and the basil leaves, roughly torn. Pour over the lemon juice, add the reserved oil and toss everything together.
- Season to taste and divide between shallow bowls to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Summer salads and sides
Roasted tomato, giant couscous, feta and basil salad
A simple salad recipe that brings into play the classic winning combination of tomato and...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...