Mozzarella, mixed pepper and basil couscous
- July 2007
- 150g couscous
- 200g marinated peppers in oil, drained
- 125g ball buffalo mozzarella
- A good handful fresh basil leaves
- The juice of ½ lemon
- Put the couscous in a large bowl, pour over 175ml boiling water, cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Fluff up the grains with a fork. Add the marinated peppers (reserve 2 tablespoons of the oil), the mozzarella roughly chopped into chunks, and the basil leaves, roughly torn. Pour over the lemon juice, add the reserved oil and toss everything together.
- Season to taste and divide between shallow bowls to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Summer salads and sides
Roasted tomato, giant couscous, feta and basil salad
A simple salad recipe that brings into play the classic winning combination of tomato and...