Fried mushrooms, crispy bacon and egg on sourdough toast
- October 2017
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 15 min
There’s a reason that people come back to this classic combination time and time again. Crispy bacon and mushrooms, wilted green spinach and egg on sourdough toast. Make this marvellous meal for one for brunch, lunch or dinner tonight. It’s always good…
Looking for something else? We have lots more recipes for 1 person for you to try.
- 38.4g (12.2g saturated)
- 45.2g (2.8g sugars)
- 3 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- 1 thick slice of sourdough
- Knob of butter
- Splash of olive oil
- Handful of sliced mixed wild mushrooms
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- Handful of baby leaf spinach
- 1 free-range egg
- Turn the grill to high, cook the bacon for 5 minutes or until almost cooked, then turn over. Put the sourdough next to the bacon and toast each
side to your liking.
- Meanwhile, heat a knob of butter and a splash of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add a handful of sliced mixed wild mushrooms and thyme sprigs, then fry on a high heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. For the last minute, stir in a handful of baby leaf spinach.
- Push the mushroom mix to one side, then crack the egg into the pan. Leave for 30 seconds, then spoon hot, buttery oil from the pan over the egg. Cook for 1 minute until the white is crisp and golden at the edges and the yolk is done to your liking.
- Put the toast on a plate and pile the mushrooms, spinach and bacon on top,
finishing with the egg.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter