Nectarine, cured ham and mozzarella baguette
- August 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
This summery sandwich recipe is jam-packed with fresh flavours and a winner at any picnic.
- 20.8g (12.2g saturated)
- 60.3g (9.3g sugars)
- 1 long baguette
- 2-3 ripe nectarines
- 2 x 12g buffalo mozzarella balls
- 60g cured spanish ham or parma ham slices
- A couple of handfuls of rocket
- Fresh mint and basil leaves
- Split open the baguette (try to leave it hinged down one side), then spread with butter.
- Slice the nectarines and mozzarella balls into bite-size chunks and fill the baguette evenly, topping with the ham and a rocket. T
- op with the herbs, season, then wrap up and tie with strips of baking paper, then string, to keep everything in place.
- If you’re not taking a knife with you on your picnic, slice partially into the baguette so you can tear it easily when you come to share it out.
This is a handy method of making sandwiches for picnics and will work with whatever filling you have. Tying the baguette makes sure everything stays inside, no matter how much it’s jiggled about on the way.
Rate & review