Ham, fresh fennel slaw and spicy avocado wraps
- December 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Move over ham sandwich, there’s a new lunch in town. This one combines fresh fennel coleslaw, spicy avocado and leftover ham in a tortilla wrap.
- 31.2g (6g saturated)
- 39.3g (3.5g sugars)
- 2 very ripe avocados, peeled, stones removed
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed (optional), finely chopped,
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Large bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 60g mayonnaise
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 4-8 slices leftover ham
- For the spicy avocado, mash the avocados in a bowl with the chilli, garlic and half the coriander. Taste, season, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the fennel, lemon juice and zest, mustard and mayonnaise. Mix well, taste and season.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a high heat, then lightly scorch the wraps for 1 minute on each side to heat through. Spread over the avocado, top with the fennel and ham, then scatter with the remaining coriander. Roll up and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Orange, fennel and feta salad
Orange, fennel and feta salad is quick to prepare and makes a healthy accompaniment to...