Ham, fresh fennel slaw and spicy avocado wraps
- December 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Move over ham sandwich, there’s a new lunch in town. This one combines fresh fennel coleslaw, spicy avocado and leftover ham in a tortilla wrap.
- 31.2g (6g saturated)
- 39.3g (3.5g sugars)
- 2 very ripe avocados, peeled, stones removed
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed (optional), finely chopped,
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Large bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 60g mayonnaise
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 4-8 slices leftover ham
- For the spicy avocado, mash the avocados in a bowl with the chilli, garlic and half the coriander. Taste, season, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the fennel, lemon juice and zest, mustard and mayonnaise. Mix well, taste and season.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a high heat, then lightly scorch the wraps for 1 minute on each side to heat through. Spread over the avocado, top with the fennel and ham, then scatter with the remaining coriander. Roll up and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dinner inspiration in 20 minutes
John Whaite’s chorizo and chickpeas braised in cider
John Whaite’s clever marriage of chorizo, cider and chickpeas makes an excellent dinner that’s ready...