No-stir tomato and basil risotto
- August 2009
- Serves 4
- Hands on 5 min, cooking 30 min
This easy, cheesy vegetarian risotto is bursting with Italian flavours and requires virtually no stirring – just what you need on a weeknight.
If you think tomato and basil are a match made in heaven, you’ll love our tomato and basil focaccia recipe.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 18.2g (9.7g saturated)
- 86.6g (5.3g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 400g risotto rice
- 150ml white wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- 75g cream cheese
- 50g vegetarian Parmesan, grated
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and butter over a medium-high heat. Fry the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add the rice, cook for a minute, then add the wine and bubble until absorbed.
- Stir in the tomatoes and stock, season, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes until the rice is just tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in the cheeses, take off the heat and stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the basil leaves and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Tomato and chorizo risotto with garlic Tenderstem
Risottos aren’t just a winter treat – try this springtime recipe with tomatoes, chorizo and Tenderstem...