Orange, fennel and feta salad
- January 2006
- 5 clementines
- 300g jar Discover Marinated Feta, drained, with 4 tbsp oil reserved for the dressing
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed
- 2 Forelle pears
- 100g young spinach leaves or salad leaves such as pak choi, rocket and red chard
- 50g walnut halves, lightly toasted
- Make the dressing. Squeeze the juice from 1 of the clementines into a bowl (you should get about 3 tablespoons). Whisk in the reserved oil from the feta jar, a little at a time. Season with some salt.
- Slice the fennel lengthways on a mandolin so the slices are quite thin. Put into a salad bowl. Slice the skin from the rest of the clementines, making sure to take the pith off, too. Slice the flesh into thin rounds and add to the fennel. Cut the pears into quarters and remove the core, then slice each piece into 4. Add to the bowl with the feta cheese and spinach or salad leaves.
- Immediately pour over the dressing, season with freshly ground black pepper and toss together. Break the walnuts into pieces over the salad and serve.
If blood oranges are around, use these instead of clementines.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter