Pan-fried mushrooms on sourdough
- October 2015
- 200g mixed wild mushrooms
- 1 thick slice sourdough bread
- 40g butter
- 1 small garlic clove
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 3-4 sprigs of thyme
- Gently rinse the mushrooms, then pat dry using kitchen paper. Halve any larger ones.
- Toast your bread until golden, then keep warm. In a large frying pan over a high heat, melt the butter and add the thyme. Once foaming, add the wild mushrooms and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Fry without turning for 2 minutes until the undersides are golden, then flip and fry for another minute or so.
- Crush in the garlic clove and stir well. Taste and add lemon juice if needed.
- Put the toast on a plate, tip over the mushrooms with all the pan juices, then eat immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter