Garlic mushrooms on toast
- October 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 10 minutes
Garlic mushrooms on toast – a quick, easy and full-flavoured brunch or lunch recipe.
- 15.8g (9.5g saturated)
- 19.3g (1.4g sugars)
- 500g mixed mushrooms (such as portobello, oyster, chestnut)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp double cream
- Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- Slice the mushrooms roughly and set aside. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, then fry the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook over a high heat, stirring, for 4-5 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the sourdough.
- Add the cream and parsley to the mushrooms, season to taste, then serve on the toast.
Rate & review