Peach, crispy pancetta, olive and mozzarella salad
- June 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
If you haven’t tried peaches in a savoury dish yet, this is a good place to start – combine their ripe sweetness with salty pancetta and creamy mozzarella to make a light supper or summer salad side dish.
Love the idea of sweet and savoury? Try our parma ham, mozzarella and peach salad with quinoa.
- 46g (16.9g saturated)
- 16.4g (16.1g sugars)
- 20g butter
- 3 ripe peaches, quartered
- A few fresh rosemary sprigs
- 90g smoked pancetta slices
- 4 red chicory, leaves separated
- 150g green olives
- 2 x 125g buffalo mozzarella balls, torn
For the vinaigrette
- 1 small shallot, finely sliced into rings
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Small handful fresh dill, chopped
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sourdough bread to serve
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter over a medium-high heat. When it starts to foam, add the peach quarters and rosemary, then fry for 5-8 minutes until the peaches start to colour and soften. Season with salt, then transfer to a large salad plate or bowl.
- Return the pan to the heat, then add the pancetta slices and fry for 5-8 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove to kitchen paper.
- For the vinaigrette, put the shallot, vinegar, sugar, mustard and dill in a jug and mix with a balloon whisk. Slowly whisk in the oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicory, olives, mozzarella and pancetta to the peaches, drizzle over the dressing and gently toss.
Prepare the dressing 3-4 days in advance and keep in a sealed container in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Parma ham, mozzarella and peach salad with buckwheat and quinoa
If you’ve never tried peaches in a salad, you need to try Ghillie James’ wonderful...
Heritage tomato salad with air dried ham, melon and mozzarella
Fresh melon and juicy tomatoes contrast perfectly with salty ham in Debbie Major’s summer salad...
Grilled peach panzanella, toasted almonds and burrata
Sweet peaches, toasted almonds and creamy burrata go into this gorgeous panzanella salad recipe. Easy-to-make...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...