Peach, crispy pancetta, olive and mozzarella salad
- June 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
If you haven’t tried peaches in a savoury dish yet, this is a good place to start – combine their ripe sweetness with salty pancetta and creamy mozzarella to make a light supper or summer salad side dish.
Love the idea of sweet and savoury? Try our parma ham, mozzarella and peach salad with quinoa.
- 46g (16.9g saturated)
- 16.4g (16.1g sugars)
- 20g butter
- 3 ripe peaches, quartered
- A few fresh rosemary sprigs
- 90g smoked pancetta slices
- 4 red chicory, leaves separated
- 150g green olives
- 2 x 125g buffalo mozzarella balls, torn
For the vinaigrette
- 1 small shallot, finely sliced into rings
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Small handful fresh dill, chopped
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sourdough bread to serve
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter over a medium-high heat. When it starts to foam, add the peach quarters and rosemary, then fry for 5-8 minutes until the peaches start to colour and soften. Season with salt, then transfer to a large salad plate or bowl.
- Return the pan to the heat, then add the pancetta slices and fry for 5-8 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove to kitchen paper.
- For the vinaigrette, put the shallot, vinegar, sugar, mustard and dill in a jug and mix with a balloon whisk. Slowly whisk in the oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicory, olives, mozzarella and pancetta to the peaches, drizzle over the dressing and gently toss.
Prepare the dressing 3-4 days in advance and keep in a sealed container in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Parma ham, mozzarella and peach salad with buckwheat and quinoa
If you’ve never tried peaches in a salad, you need to try Ghillie James’ wonderful...