Pecan treacle tart
- November 2006
- Serves 8
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 1 hour to bake, plus chilling and cooling
Fancy something truly decadent for your next dinner party? Make your guests happy with this nutty and sweet classic pecan tart recipe. For an even sweeter finish, use sweet shortcrust pastry instead of plain shortcrust pastry.
- 35.3g (8.5g saturated)
- 75.6g (41.1g sugar)
- 350g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 1 apple
- 200g whole pecans
- 50g butter, melted
- 350g golden syrup, plus 2 tbsp for drizzling
- 150g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Thinly roll out the pastry and use to line a 23cm round, loose-bottomed, fluted tart tin. Chill for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Fill the pastry with baking paper and baking beans. Bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and bake for a further 5 minutes, until pale golden.
- Peel, core and grate the apple. Finely chop half the pecans. In a bowl, mix the butter, golden syrup, breadcrumbs, lemon zest and juice, grated apple and chopped pecans. Spoon into the pastry case, arrange the remaining whole pecans on top and bake for 40 minutes. Cool a little.
- Slice, drizzle with the extra golden syrup and and serve with a spoonful of clotted cream, if you like.
If you have a sweet tooth, use sweet shortcrust pastry instead of plain shortcrust pastry.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Looking for inspiration for a 'Platinum pudding' for...
Quick pudding recipes in under 20 minutes
These fantastic quick pudding recipes can each be...
Channelling school puds? Hosting a retro party? Turn...
Steamed pudding recipes
A steamed pudding is easier to make than...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...