Treacle pecan tarts
- October 2010
- Serves 8
- Less than 30 minutes
Love treacle tart but don’t have the time to make it? Feel free to take a shortcut – ready-made sweet shortcrust pastry tart cases are your friend in this recipe. These individual tarts are topped with a crunch of pecan nuts.
- 28.1g (9g saturated)
- 57.2g (21.7g saturated)
- 9 tbsp (220g) golden syrup
- 40g butter
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 25g fresh white fine breadcrumbs
- 50g shelled pecans
- 8 x 8cm ready-made sweet shortcrust pastry cases (we like Marks & Spencer)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Heat 9 tbsp (220g) golden syrup, 40g butter and the juice and zest of ½ lemon in a small pan until warm. Stir through 25g fresh white fine breadcrumbs and 50g shelled pecans.
- Divide the filling among 8 x 8cm ready-made sweet shortcrust pastry cases (we like Marks & Spencer) and bake for 18 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Serve warm with double cream or custard, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Looking for inspiration for a 'Platinum pudding' for...
Perfect pudding recipes
If, like us, you love the taste of...
Proper pudding recipes
Proper puddings make the ultimate dessert. We've got...
Quick pudding recipes in under 20 minutes
These fantastic quick pudding recipes can each be...
Channelling school puds? Hosting a retro party? Turn...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...