Pesto-crusted cod with garlic roast potatoes
- October 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 37 min
This delicate Italian dish of crunchy pesto-crusted cod and crispy garlic roast potatoes serves as an elegant twist on fish and chips.
And speaking of fish and chips – have you seen our healthier version of this classic British takeaway?
- 17.4g (1.3g saturated)
- 67.8g (3.6g sugars)
- 1kg maris piper potatoes, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
For the pesto-crusted cod
- 75g pesto (we used 2 x Sacla’ No.1 Classic Basil Pesto Pots)
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- Finely chopped zest 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 4 sustainable, skin-on cod fillets (about 250g each)
To serve (optional)
- Steamed tenderstem broccoli
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Spread out the potatoes in a large roasting tin, drizzle with the oil and mix to coat, then roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the pesto, breadcrumbs and lemon zest in a small bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Put the cod fillets in a small roasting tray, skin-side down, then spread a quarter of the pesto mixture over each one.
- After the potatoes have been roasting for 20 minutes, remove them from the oven and turn down the temperature to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Sprinkle the rosemary and some salt and pepper over the potatoes, then return them to the oven and put the cod on the rack below. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir the garlic into the potatoes, then roast everything for another 7 minutes or until the cod is cooked and the potatoes are crisp. Serve with tenderstem broccoli, if you like.
Rate & review