Poached chicken and rice broth
- June 2008
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 15 mins
A hearty broth recipe that’s low in fat, full of flavour and ready in just 15 minutes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 2 x 415g cans beef consommé soup
- 2 skinless, free-range chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 250g sachet Tilda Steamed Pilau Basmati Rice
- 250g pack fresh mixed baby vegetables
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- Fresh tarragon leaves
- Pour the beef consommé soup into a large pan and add the chicken breasts. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Add the rice and baby vegetables. Stir through the harissa paste, then simmer for a further 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken cooked through.
- Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and thickly slice. Spoon the broth and rice into 2 bowls, top with the sliced chicken and scatter over some fresh tarragon leaves.
- Serve with some crusty bread, if you like.
Rate & review