Polenta, tomato and prosciutto bake
- May 2008
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 min to make and about 20 min in the oven
Use polenta as a gluten-free base for pizza toppings in this simple polenta bake recipe. Top with prosciutto and tomato, or keep it veggie.
Versatile polenta also makes a great alternative to potato chips. Yes, really!
- 21.8g (10.8g saturated)
- 51.9g (5g sugar)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 250g instant polenta
- 50g freshly grated Parmesan or Grana Padano
- 200g mozzarella, cut into pieces
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 SunBlush tomatoes
- 12 thin slices of prosciutto
- Small handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp chilli oil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. In a saucepan, bring the stock to a simmer. Slowly add the polenta, stirring well until you have a smooth, thick mixture (about 2 minutes). Stir in the Parmesan or Grana Padano and pour onto a 20cm x 30cm non-stick baking tray. Spread and leave to set for a few minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until beginning to turn golden.
- Scatter over the mozzarella and cherry tomatoes and return to the oven for 5-8 minutes, until the cheese melts and the tomatoes soften.
- Arrange the SunBlush tomatoes and prosciutto on top. Garnish with the basil leaves, a drizzle of chilli oil, if using, and a good grinding of black pepper.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...