Polenta, tomato and prosciutto bake
- May 2008
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 min to make and about 20 min in the oven
Use polenta as a gluten-free base for pizza toppings in this simple polenta bake recipe. Top with prosciutto and tomato, or keep it veggie.
Versatile polenta also makes a great alternative to potato chips. Yes, really!
- 21.8g (10.8g saturated)
- 51.9g (5g sugar)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 250g instant polenta
- 50g freshly grated Parmesan or Grana Padano
- 200g mozzarella, cut into pieces
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 SunBlush tomatoes
- 12 thin slices of prosciutto
- Small handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp chilli oil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. In a saucepan, bring the stock to a simmer. Slowly add the polenta, stirring well until you have a smooth, thick mixture (about 2 minutes). Stir in the Parmesan or Grana Padano and pour onto a 20cm x 30cm non-stick baking tray. Spread and leave to set for a few minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until beginning to turn golden.
- Scatter over the mozzarella and cherry tomatoes and return to the oven for 5-8 minutes, until the cheese melts and the tomatoes soften.
- Arrange the SunBlush tomatoes and prosciutto on top. Garnish with the basil leaves, a drizzle of chilli oil, if using, and a good grinding of black pepper.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter